Sure-Fire Ways of Managing Your 9-5 Job with a Side Hustle
The first episode of the series, “Orange is the New Black” was released in July 2013. Even though I haven’t seen any episode yet, the title still intrigues me and I just wonder how a prison uniform could suddenly become a trend.
Well, after six whole years of not seeing any episode, I can finally relate to the purpose of the movie and boldly tell you that a “Side hustle is the new black”.
That felt gooooood!
Basically, there are two major reasons why you need a side hustle, could also be one of both;
- You’re looking to earn some extra income.
- You crave an additional creative outlet (Aside from the 9-5)
There’s no rule that says you can’t be passionate and successful at more than one thing. You don’t have to excel in one over another, your side hustle and 9-5 can be perfect together.
Not to brag, but a couple of Aggital staff successfully run side businesses with the regular office work. The key word here is “Successfully”, all you need do is learn to balance it.
Here are some tips to help you joggle both successfully:
Learn how to Prioritize/Sharpen your Time Management skills
Kindly give an honest answer to this question: How many 9-5 jobs actually require constant work from 9 to 5?
In most cases, employees have plenty of downtime in the office, and if you’re trying to balance a side hustle with your job, this is the best time to do so. Depending on your workplace culture, you can always get some work done on your side hustle while you’re still at the office.
Life isn’t a football match, no one gets extra time. We all have the same 24 hours in a day, the only reason some people are more productive is because they have the ability to manage their time really well.
- Create a to-do list and actually USE IT! This will help keep you organized, focused, and on top of all your tasks, appointments, and meetings.
- If you’re spending hours surfing through Woli Arole’s Instagram page, stop! The countless hours you spend watching TV, playing games, or mindlessly reading tweets can be converted to more productive tasks.
- Wipe out every distraction!